Rashie, Rash Vest, Rash Guard. No matter what you call them, there is no doubt, women are wanting the sun coverage and skin protection that a rashie offers. On the beach, at the pool, for hydrotherapy, for fun with the family and grand kids, there is no doubt that a rashie is a must have in your summer stash, if you want to stay safer, for longer, in the sun.
And they've come a long way, now available in many different styles and sizes to suit your shape and needs - yep, more and more in plus sizes too.
But the the Wrap Rashie is a lesser known style so let me tell you all about it and why it's such a fabulous option.
What is a Wrap Rashie?
It's a Crossover style, that's very flattering on so many shapes. Think Wrap Dress, made famous by Diane von Furstenberg and right here at home by the fabulous team at Leina Broughton.
- Sun Safe fabric that's UPF50+ - all our Wrap Rashies will help save your skin
- Crossover front
- High neck and full coverage at the back
- Long ties to wrap around the waist and knot off for a custom fit
- Some sit higher on the decolletage for maximum coverage
- 3/4 sleeve and full sleeve options
- Some with contrasting ties for added interest and 'oh hello' appeal.
Who Should Wear Them?
- If you have shunned away from Rashies in the past because you think you'll look like a giant sausage in them, then the Wrap style is worth a look.
- Got fab curves and a waist? Show it off girl! The Wrap style is made for you. Offering a more feminine, figure flattering style to highlight your waist.
- What about a fuller bust shape? You know that a V neck looks best on you. The Wrap Rashie creates a V neck brilliantly.
- Got a fuller tummy figure? Then the longer diagonal lines of the crossover cut will visually elongate and lengthen - just like a wrap dress does.
What Deb Said
But don't just take it from me. Here's what Deb had to say about hers in a recent email to us. "The Aquacove rashie is more flattering on my body shape than the usual high neck / zipper front rashie because - the V neckline suits my large boobs better, the waist tie crossover gives my tummy and hips some definition, and the
three quarter sleeves cover my flabby upper arms. Overall it just feels stylish rather than frumpy to wear."
Boom! Thanks Deb. xx
Where To Find Them
Deb mentioned Aquacove. It's a fabulous boutique Sun Safe Aussie label owned by the lovely Roslyn and made in Melbourne! "My vision is to create simply beautiful sun protection fashion to encourage women to cover their skin, feel confident and look gorgeous while enjoying the Australian outdoors. Designed for real women."
Es Una is the other label in our stable that offers a Wrap style Rashie. Owned by another smart and thoughtful woman, the lovely Lyndal, these rashies are made in Australia too! Another Aussie label doing wonderful things for women. Her fabrics are environmentally friendly made from 100% recycled fibres.
Do you see the theme? We work with women who offer thoughtfully designed beach wear, with similar values to our own. They are passionate about YOUR summer confidence. They want you to feel great as you go about your days in the sun because they too know that when you do, you'll embrace it with greater gusto and make those wonderful memories with family and friends. Life's too short girls.
Take summer by the short and curlies and really live it to the full. Make the most of those precious days. Make them yours in a figure flattering wrap rashie.
Founder: Sequins and Sand