If you have a larger bust you are going to need more than a few crochet triangles to get you through summer. Nobody needs a swimsuit malfunction, especially on the beach in front of a crowd.
A larger bust needs bathers with support and structure...a fabulous neckline or feature detailing doesn't go astray either. A good fitting cossie goes a long way towards beach confidence.
When I pop on a swimsuit that lifts and moulds in all the right place I instantly feel taller, sexier and more confident. So what do you need to look for if you are looking for a cossie to fit n flatter when you have a larger bust?
1. Let's not be stingy; choose a cossie with plenty of fabric where it's needed. Wide under bands for bikinis will give better lift and support while feeling supremely comfortable. A wide band at the back will also give better support.
2. Colour blocking is a fashionistas smokescreen. Choosing a darker colour above and lighter below, will minimise the appearance of your bust. A good print with soft borders will achieve the same effect.
3. Know your measurements ladies, especially when shopping online. Knowing your magic numbers will save you frustration, returns and guarantee a comfier and better fit.
4. A crossover, halter neck or plunging neckline will help to separate your bust and put an end to the 'uni boob' effect.
5. Adjustable straps will give you a custom fit.
6. Wider straps help lighten the load...padded ones are even better.
7. A built in shelf bra and underwire are your friends.
8. If you are planning on boogie boarding or body surfing then make sure you have plenty of support, a rashie will be your friend too.
9. Avoid extra embellishments (like frills) on the bust, this adds bulk and draws the eye right to your bust.
10. However a frill on the hips or ruching across the stomach can balance a larger bust.
There is no one size fits all solution, and we are different so get to know your body and implement a few of these tips. Summer is for fun, enough sitting on the sidelines. This is your time for the sun on your face and to taste salt water on your lips.
'Til next time,
Hi I'm Jenni and I blog about styling, body image, living an empowered life and breast cancer...yes I'm a breast cancer thriver. When I'm not blogging I'm a wife, mother, volunteer, coffee connoisseur and lover of flowers. I also run workshops with my business partner Steph, 'styled 2 a tea, styling and 'more of what women want to know'. The ocean is my happy place and yoga and Pilates help me get through the week. You can find more of me at:
:: Instagram and